12.05.2010

All-of-a-Kind Family by Sydney Taylor



In my last post I featured Nine Days to Christmas, A Story of Mexico, a book written in 1959 about a little Mexican girl named Ceci, who is going to have her first posada. I was drawn to the book because of the illustrations, but Nine Days to Christmas is also unique because of the time in history that it was done. This weekend I came across Anita Silvey's Children's Book-A-Day Almanac, that also features a book that was unique for its time, called All-of-a-Kind Family by Sydney Taylor. I would have loved this series as a child, especially as an only girl with two older brothers. Just the idea of five sisters would have been wonderful to me. I went through a period of heavily checking out Flicka, Ricka and Dicka books by Maj Lindman, because I loved that fact that they were triplets. 

You can read Anita's posting on All-of-a-Kind Family here.

No comments:

Post a Comment