9.03.2011

Don Irwin Book Covers


To follow up on my last post on Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, I thought I would show some of the other book covers that Don Irwin did for other books in the series that were published by Classic Publications, Children's Press and Classic Press.

I think the artwork that Irwin did for these covers was excellent, making them nice books for collecting. It also appears that the titles on the covers were woodcuts, another nice touch in the design of these books.















3 comments:

  1. I grew up reading my brother's copies of these! I have since collected them for my children and have easily found most of them. I agree - we love his bold illustrations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what I was looking for! I set up a blog page for the "Gold Bug" book and was looking for a gallery of other Don Irwin book covers. I've posted a link to this page.

    http://professorhswaybackmachine.blogspot.com/2018/03/poe-1969-pt-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. New location for The Gold Bug:
    https://professorhswaybackmachine.blogspot.com/2021/01/poe-1969-pt-16.html

    ReplyDelete